Frequently Asked Questions
General Questions about Parables TV
- What is Parables TV?
- Parables TV is a faith-based 24/7 streaming television network that is currently available exclusively on the Internet. We are proud to be the only faith-based entertainment network, and unlike all other traditional networks we do not feature preachers, teachers and healers. Rather, we fill the void by providing you with faith-based entertainment that inspires one story at a time.
- Where can I watch Parables TV?
- Our live stream of Christian movies, documentaries and series can be viewed over the Internet via computer, smartphone, tablet or TV (using Roku or Apple TV®).
- Is there a trial period?
- For $1.00 you can try Parables TV for 7 days. If you enjoy what we offer, your membership will continue automatically after the 7 days. Membership begins at sign up and we have three convenient membership options to choose from. You can cancel at any time with no cancellation fees, though we do not offer full or partial refunds.
The 7-days for $1.00 trial period begins at the time of sign up. When signing up, you will choose a Parables TV subscription to continue after the trial. You may cancel at any time. There are three subscriptions to choose: a monthly subscription at $6.99 a month, a 3-month subscription for $18.99, or an annual subscription at $67.99. During your trial period, you will only be charged $1.00. If you do not cancel your membership before your trial period is over, you will be charged the amount of the subscription plan you chose during sign up.
- How much does Parables TV cost?
- There are three subscription plans to choose from-
1. Monthly: For just $6.99/month.
2. Quarterly: 3 months for just $18.99
3. Yearly: 12 months for just $67.99.
You will receive unlimited access, and can watch Parables TV from anywhere you are. Of course, if you just want to try it, and see what everyone is talking about -- the first 7 days are just $1.
- Can I really cancel any time?
- Yes! While we do not offer full or partial refunds, you can cancel at any time with zero cancellation fees.
If you decide, for any reason, to cancel your Parables TV subscription, you can do so by following these steps:
1. Go to www.Parables.tv and sign in to your account.
2. Click on the "My Account" link at the top of the page.
2. Under status, click "Cancel Account."
3. On the next screen, click "Cancel Account Now."
4. Once you have successfully cancelled your account, a green box will pop-up on your screen confirming your cancellation.
Watching Parables TV
- How do I watch Parables on my TV?
- You will need one of the following: a Roku, or an Apple TV® via Airplay® (through your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch®, along with the
Parables TV app). You can also connect your laptop/computer to your TV.
For step by step instructions on how to link Parables TV to your Roku, click here.
For step by step instructions on how watch Parables with Apple TV, click here.
- How do I watch Parables on my mobile devices?
- You can access Parables on your laptop, smartphone and tablet using the following...
1. Our Parables TV App: Currently, our Parables TV app is only available on iPod touch®, iPhone® and iPads® running iOS 5.0 or higher. If you have an older device, you can view Parables through your Safari browser.
2. Your Internet browser: You can watch us on your computer, laptop, and tablet through your Internet browser by logging into www.parables.tv.
We are working to develop apps for other devices, and Android is at the top of the list. In the meantime, we support all other phones and tablets by going to your web browser and visiting our page at www.parables.tv .Just sign in, hit play, and you're good to go.
Note: make sure you have Adobe Flash installed or are using the Google Chrome web browser. Click here for Adobe and here for Chrome.
Technical Issues with Parables TV
- I forgot my password, what do I do?
- To reset your password, go to the Parables log in screen: parables.tv/login and click on the "Forgot your password?" link. Enter the email address you used to create your Parables TV account and a link will be sent to your email to reset your password. If you don't remember the email address that you used to create your account, please contact customer service at email@example.com or through our 24/7 live chat at the link below.
- I am experiencing viewing issues: Parables is not playing at all, bad streaming quality, or connection drops
1. Parables is not playing: Make sure you have Adobe Flash. If you need to download Adobe Flash, click here. You can also download Google Chrome (a web browser), which already has flash installed. Click here for Google Chrome.
2. Streaming quality: If you're watching through your internet browser, make sure all other programs and applications are shut down.
3. Other possible issues: Check your bandwidth speed; You need a high-speed Internet connection with a speed of at least 1.2 Mbps (such as mid-level Broadband). If you are using our Parables TV app, make sure you have a strong and consistent WIFI connection. If watching Parables on your computer or laptop, we recommend a minimum of 512 MB of RAM.
Parables TV Content
- Can I view the movies or programs I want to watch when I want to watch it?
- Presently no, but watch for exciting product enhancements over the next few months. Currently, Parables TV is a streaming television network with the same limitations as network television. You must watch your program when it is on the schedule.
- Do you have a schedule?
- Yes, go to the "Schedule" tab at the top of our website. You will be able to see a description of upcoming movies and shows and when they will be available to view. You can also print the schedule. Click here to go there now.
- How much content can I access on Parables TV?
- We currently have thousands of hours of programming. In addition we are aggressively acquiring new content on an ongoing basis.
- How about advertisements?
- There is virtually no advertising on Parables TV. Because Parables TV is a traditional television network, there will be programming between movies, documentaries and series but it will be relevant to the interest of our viewing audience.
- Is Parables TV safe for my kids to watch?
- We believe this is a decision that only you can make. However, our mission is to provide a television network that is faith based and family-friendly. We know how difficult it is to find safe content on TV, and how frustrating that can be as a parent. All of our movies and shows will have descriptions and ratings information to help you make a better decision as a parent. We think that watching together, with your children, is probably most important, and will ultimately lead to a more rewarding experience.
- How can I purchase a movie I saw on Parables TV?
- You can visit your local Christian store retailer, such as Family Christian Stores, or search at various online retailers, such as Amazon.
If you have additional questions or need help, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our 24/7 live chat at the link below.